[Python-au] Re: General question about Python use

Reinhold Quillen rquillen@ozemail.com.au
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:07:50 +1000

Thanks to everyone for replying to my question.

One of the tasks I have set myself is to write a Python
wrapper library for the Dialogic IVR SDK kit (which
will allow Python to be used in writing applications for
IVR and CTI voice, fax and text-to-speech boards) early in the
new year (right after I have set up my ZOPE box) for Linux and NT/Win2k.

I have done extensive work in the IVR area and the only way one
currently can do any work is to write the stuff in C or use the
Dialogic supplied scripting languages - using C simply takes too long
and the scripting languages make interfacing with databases and other
programmes very difficult.

Having a Python interface library will make that sort of work a breeze,
as it will allow IVR boards to easily interface with databases, Corba
and DCOM services, web application servers (ZOPE) and any number
of other areas.

It will make a nice little project - it may not work but hey, I will not
know until I give it a shot.

Cheers,

Reinhold.