[Python-au] General question about Python use

Matthew Schinckel matt@null.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:10:39 +1030 (CST)

>Hi,
>
>I am new to this list. I have a general question, which I would like
>to put to the list subscribers.
>
>I am a software developer (C/C++/Delphi, Unix/NT), who recently
>"discovered" Python's many uses.
>
>I am curious to find out how many of you use Python commercially
>in your jobs and how many use it for private use only=3F

I personally use it only privately, although I have taught it to a
couple of groups of high school students.

>I am trying to determine if Python has any visibility in IT shops
>in this country, specifically Melbourne and how widespread its use

I do recall seeing one advertisement in a Tues Australian for Python
programmers, in Sydney, IIRC, about 18 months or so ago.

--
Matthew Schinckel	<matt@null.net>

I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it