[Python-au] General question about Python use

Matthew Hawkins matthew@topic.com.au
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:48:51 +1100

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Reinhold Quillen wrote:
> I am curious to find out how many of you use Python commercially
> in your jobs and how many use it for private use only?

There's a few of us here that use python.  This is both inside and
outside of Zope, plus there's a few products we VAR that support
scripting in python (jpython, in fact).

Many clients have also been aware of it, some use it, though I've on
occasion had to correct the presumption that python is a new language
rising from the fame/hype of open source software.  It's fun to watch
people twitch when you can prove its more mature than Visual Basic :)

--
Matt