[Python-au] Sydney activities?

John Machin sjmachin@lexicon.net
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:00:58 +1000

Chris Wright wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, John Lehmann wrote:
>

> > We're going for a drink/casual discussion in a pub one afternoon after
> > work somewhere in the city, near Australia day, or earlier if
> > activities down in the south demand some kind of
> > chest-beating-we-did-it-first-manship??
> >

> Too late! Mark Hammond and I have shared several cooling ales in our
> fair city of Melbourne, and if two python programmers, one of whom is
> Mark Hammond, doesn't count as a users group...well...I'm an Olympic
> ticket holder!

Yeah and I had an impromptu UG meeting with Mark at an annual scores-of-
us-worked-on-the-same-project lunch before Xmas --- so it looks like
we've definitely pipped the Sydneyites he he he.

However "Somebody"  should organise a fair dinkum Melbourne meeting for
later on ---- says he in the full knowledge that he's off overseas soon
for 3 to 4 weeks i.e. not back until very late Feb. Any "somebodies"
out there?