[PERCEPS] synopsis: documenting IDL, C++, python, and may be more

Tom Bryan tbryan@starship.python.net
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:11:09 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> hi everybody,
>
> About a year ago I started the synopsis tool, with much similar
> goals as perceps/pyceps.

Stefan's no longer on the mailing list, but I decided to forward this
message through the admin filter.  Stefan offered to work with me on the
next generation of PERCEPS (tentatively title Pyceps since it would be a
rewrite in Python) just over a year ago.  Since I neglected the project,
Stefan founded his own project (Synopsis) at Sourceforge.  I haven't
looked at Synopsis lately, but it had the same goals as I originally had
for the future releases of PERCEPS/Pyceps.  If Synopsis is fully
functional, you may want to consider it as an alternative to PERCPES if it
meets your needs...especially since it's unlcear whether PERCEPS
will/should ever get off the ground again.

---Tom