Re: [PERCEPS] Doxygen
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:32:05 -0800
Well, here is the features it has
- Written in perl (37k/9k compressed) in object oriented fashion
- improved module system allowing plugins to handle initialization
and description extraction. (No need to fix to perceps style
comments, everything is a plugin)
- XML or perl module output
- recursive namespace support
- embedded class support
- modules for class dumps, namespace index, class index
cross index, description syntax highlighting to html or sgml
- fast (10x-100x that of perceps on large files.
Perceps had O(n^4) regex.)
and here is what it lacks
- modules for tex and other popular outputs.
- modules for use of old perceps output desc files.
- possibly convert module system from perceps include to actual
- reloading of extracted trees from xml. (easy)
- proper extraction of complex templates.
- proper extraction of macros.
- proper extraction and commenting of enums and enum values.
- Those really ridiculously fancy graphical tree views.
In other words it has almost everything perceps had, save for
the small set of features I never used.