[PERCEPS] Perceps?

Eric M. Hopper hopper@omnifarious.mn.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 17:09:27 -0600

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 03:01:01PM -0800, Karl Nelson wrote:

> I am a long time perceps user.  We have been using it in Gtk-- for
> over a year.  However, recently we switched over to namespaces and
> perceps is very unhappy.  Reading here that perceps doesn't support it
> and seeing the relative low traffic here I have to wonder about the
> status of the project.  I sent several patches to fix template bugs
> and other nasties but have not heard back.
>
> Not hearing anything and still needing a perl documentation generator
> (which is heavily modified to handle our source files), I have just
> completed a near total rewrite.  The new version currently dubbed
> "pce2" is located in the gtk-- module of the gnome cvs under directory
> docgen.
>
> It handles namespaces and embedded classes and has a much more elegant
> object tree for storing its internals.  All the plugin functionality
> is there still, but there is no output template support, because I
> didn't need it.  I don't plan to maintain it beyond my limited use in
> gtk--, however it would form a good base for a rewrite of perceps if
> there are still interested users out there.

	Yay!  I've been trying to get Perceps to do nested classes
properly, and have been having a horrible time.  I have been awaiting
the Python port, and have also been preparing to learn Python, but if
you have a perl version that works well, I'd be very pleased to have it.

	I'll go grab it the next chance I get.

Thanks,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet