[PERCEPS] Perceps?

Karl Nelson kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 15:01:01 -0800

I am a long time perceps user.  We have been using it in Gtk--
for over a year.  However, recently we switched over to namespaces
and perceps is very unhappy.  Reading here that perceps doesn't
support it and seeing the relative low traffic here I have to wonder
about the status of the project.  I sent several patches to fix
template bugs and other nasties but have not heard back.

Not hearing anything and still needing a perl documentation generator
(which is heavily modified to handle our source files),  I have just
completed a near total rewrite.  The new version currently dubbed
"pce2" is located in the gtk-- module of the gnome cvs under
directory docgen.

It handles namespaces and embedded classes and has a much more
elegant object tree for storing its internals.  All the plugin
functionality is there still, but there is no output template
support, because I didn't need it.  I don't plan to maintain
it beyond my limited use in gtk--, however it would form a good base
for a rewrite of perceps if there are still interested users out
there.

Thanks
--Karl Einar Nelson
  Gtk-- Lead Developer