[PERCEPS] wanted ! (new features)

Tom Bryan tbryan@starship.python.net
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 19:15:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> playing around with perceps I wonder whether the
> following two features would be possible:
>
> * adapt the output strategy to the user's needs
>   (for example not file per class but file per sub project (package))

As Mark said, he introduced user-defined global variables for exactly this
type of flexibility.

> * document groups of methods
>   - find a way to tell perceps to consider a set of methods to
>     be documented as a set since often accessor etc. methods
>     can have different signatures but almost equal meaning so
>     having to document each of them individually is completely redundant

So, what's needed is a way to output a set of related methods in the
template language?  Then you could do something like this:

float draw();
float draw(Point origin);

Documentation for both versions of draw.  They do the same thing, but
there is an optional offset parameter.

Hmmm....I'll have to think about that one.  It's certainly a desirable
feature.

Good suggestion.

---Tom