[MMTK] MMTK installation problem

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Tue Mar 24 17:32:31 UTC 2015

On 24/03/15 11:03, DmitryASuplatov wrote:

> RESOLVED
>
> If you have the same problem you can try this before compiling:
> export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/include

That is indeed the correct solution. The cause of the problem is that
SuSE (like some other Linux distributions) modifies the Python
interpreter in order to respect the distribution's distinction between
the "system installation" in /usr/lib etc., and a "user installation" in
/usr/local/lib etc. This is fine in principle, but they did not take
into account the rare Python packages that install C header files. As a
consequence, most of Scientific Python is installed under /usr/local,
except for the header files that go to /usr/lib (or lib64 on a 64-bit
system).

I filed a bug report with SuSE many years ago, but apparently they don't
care.

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0330-9428
Twitter: @khinsen