[MMTK] nMOldyn installation

Mohan maruthi sena maruthi.sena at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 05:42:34 UTC 2013

Dear all,
               I want to install nModlyn on  ununtu - 12.10 system, I have
installed all the prerequisites like
netcdf,scientficpython,numpy,tcl,tviewer,fftw library. After installation i
gor the file nMOLDYNStart.py in /usr/local/bin but i could not find the
xmoldyn or pmoldyn installed on my system. I got the following error when i
run nMOLDYNStart.py script:

File "nMOLDYNStart.py", line 20, in <module>
    from nMOLDYN.Core.Monitoring import checkForNewVersion,
downloadVersion, getCPUInfo, searchProgram
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nMOLDYN/Core/Monitoring.py",
line 90, in <module>
    for d, l ,f in os.walk(sys.prefix):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for x in walk(new_path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 276, in walk
    names = listdir(top)

I will be very thankful  anyone can suggest a way to install nMoldyn.

Thanks,
Mohan
Ph.D