[MMTK] Installation problems -MMTK- ubuntu 10.10

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Wed Dec 12 10:43:08 UTC 2012

Mohan maruthi sena writes:

 >                  I want to install MMTK  in my system but when run the command '
 > python setup.py build' , I get the following error as shown below:
 >
 > config/intlen.c: In function ‘main’:
 > config/intlen.c:6: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 2 has type
 > ‘long unsigned int’

Which version of MMTK are you trying to install? The file
config/intlen.c has been removed a while ago, and replaced by a more
portable detection feature.

 > Include/MMTK/trajectory.h:15: fatal error: Scientific/netcdf.h: No such file or

 >   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 24, in
 > <module>
 >     "because the netCDF module is missing.")
 > MMTK.Utility.MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the netCDF module is
 > missing.
 >
 > I have netCDF installed in my system. I use python 2.6.6. Can anyone please help me
 > to understand this error.

You also need the Python netCDF interface, which is part of
ScientificPython. To make everything work correctly, you have to
install the packages in the following order:

1) netCDF and NumPy (in whatever order)
2) ScientificPython
3) MMTK

That should solve your problems.