[MMTK] installation

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Thu Dec 6 07:35:56 UTC 2012

Jinrui Xu writes:

 > New problems about installation appear when I call " from MMTK.Dynamics import
 > VelocityVerletIntegrator, Heater". The error message is listed below. The key line is
 > "MMTK.Utility.MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the netCDF module is
 > missing."
 > I simply installed netcdf-4.1.3. by such commands:  ./configure --enable-shared
 > --disable-netcdf-4; make check install; and there was no error reported.

The Python interface to netCDF is provided by ScientificPython, so you
need to install ScientificPython *after* installing netCDF. Moreover,
if netCDF is installed in a non-standard location (neither /usr nor
/usr/local), then you will have to tell ScientificPython the path to
the installation directory.

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/