[MMTK] installation

Jinrui Xu jinruixu at umich.edu
Mon Dec 3 17:36:56 UTC 2012

Hello,

New problems about installation appear when I call " from MMTK.Dynamics
import VelocityVerletIntegrator, Heater". The error message is listed
below. The key line is "MMTK.Utility.MMTKError: Trajectories are not
available because the netCDF module is missing."
I simply installed netcdf-4.1.3. by such commands:  ./configure
--enable-shared --disable-netcdf-4; make check install; and there was no
error reported.

Thanks!
Jinrui

>>> from MMTK import *
>>> from MMTK.Dynamics import VelocityVerletIntegrator, Heater
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/MMTK/Dynamics.py", line 12, in
<module>
    from MMTK import Environment, Features, Trajectory, Units
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 23, in
<module>