[MMTK] (no subject)

ra.biehl ra.biehl at fz-juelich.de
Thu Feb 23 08:42:28 UTC 2012

Hi

On Ubuntu this should work including the prerequisites
do this on the comandline

# these install more than you need; it is not the minimal solution
sudo apt-get install libatlas*
sudo apt-get install netcdfg*

# gfortran is for some compilations
sudo apt-get install gfortran

# python-pip is a program to install python programs in an easy way from
repositories
# python-dev contains the python development file needed for compilation
# it includes MMTK
sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev build-essential
sudo pip install scipy
sudo pip install ScientificPython
# newest version of MMTK
wget https://sourcesup.cru.fr/frs/download.php/3794/MMTK-2.7.5.tar.gz
sudo pip install MMTK-2.7.5.tar.gz

#for convenience
sudo pip install ipython

and start ipython
import MMTK
and have fun, i hope

Best Ralf

On 22.02.2012 18:18, Patrick Kiley wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to install MMTK on an ubuntu linux machine.  I have
> already installed netcdf and scientific python.  However I get the
> following error after running "python setup.py build":
> Include/MMTK/trajectory.h:15: fatal error: Scientific/netcdf.h: No
> such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>

> Can anyone provide me with some guidance on how to get around this
> error?  Using "find / -name netcdf.h", I can see that I have several
> netcdf.h files:
> /home/name/netcdf-4.1.3/include/netcdf.h
> /home/name/amber11/include/netcdf.h
> /home/name/amber11/AmberTools/src/netcdf/src/libsrc/netcdf.h
> /usr/local/include/netcdf.h
>
> but they are just not being found.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
> Patrick

Viele Grüsse
and best wishes

Ralf Biehl

--

Dr. Ralf Biehl
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science (JCNS-1)&

Tel.:   +49-(0)2461-61-4685
Fax:    +49-(0)2461-61-2610
Email:  ra.biehl at fz-juelich.de
Web:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/iff/d_ins