[MMTK] serializing normal modes across MMTK versions

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Thu Oct 6 12:04:58 UTC 2011

On 5 oct. 11, at 13:17, Edvin Fuglebakk wrote:

> I tried saving a NormalModes-object with MMTK 2.5.24 under Python
> 2.5.2 (numpy 1.1.1) and loading this with MMTK 2.7.4 under Python
> 2.5.6 (numpy 1.6.1). Neither of the Python environments have Numeric
> installed. I got the following error:

There were some changes in the pickle/unpickle code after 2.5.24 in
order to improve NumPy compatibility. In fact, there are lots of NumPy-
related compatibility fixes since 2.5.24. I am rather surprised that
you can do useful work with MMTK 2.5.24 and NumPy, although of course
I wouldn't have said that in 2008 either ;-)

E-Mail: research at  khinsen dot fastmail dot net