[MMTK] Triple bonds?

Ramon Crehuet rcrehuet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:27:58 UTC 2011

Dear Christopher,
Considering the amount of human time vs. computer time, and if the molecules
are smallish as you said, why don't you go for a QM method? Semi-empirical
methods can treat prettly large molecules and you will not need to
parameterize anything.
Of course, this can't be done with MMTK. Before choorsing another software,
make sure it has analytical second derivatives of the energy. Otherwise,
frequencies are rather slow to calculate. If you do need to work with MMTK
afterwards, you can always write a parser that reads the QM outputs and
generates ScientificPython vectors. I think this is still less work than a
thorough parameterization.
Cheers,
Ramon