[MMTK] netCDF problem

Victor Muñoz chewaka.87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:06:47 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to install the MMTK into my computer, but I just couldn't make it
work. I run in Ubuntu and I have already installed numpy, netCDF (with the
--enable-shared option) and Scientific python. The problem comes after
installing the MMTK. When I try to run an example, I always have the same
error:

  File "md_in_python.py", line 8, in <module>
    from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory, TrajectoryOutput,
SnapshotGenerator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 24,
in <module>
    "because the netCDF module is missing.")
MMTK.Utility.MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the netCDF
module is missing.

I'll very glad if anyone could help me. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,