[MMTK] Protein mutation: atomic coordinates of substituting residue

Talipov, Marat marat.talipov at marquette.edu
Tue Feb 22 21:13:45 UTC 2011

Dear Konrad,

I’d like to replace a cysteine residue in the peptide chain by the non-standard residue (which is S-nitrosated cysteine). There is a special function in MMTK for this purpose, named ReplaceResidue(). However it modifies only logical structure of protein thus leaving positions of ‘new’ atoms undefined.

Is there some way to automatically place atoms of substituting/mutating residue (whose geometry is defined in Database by a Z-Matrix) in correct positions in a protein?

Sincerely yours,

Dr Marat R. Talipov
Research Scholar

Department of Chemistry