[MMTK] numpy problem?

Ramgopal Mettu mettu at ecs.umass.edu
Mon Nov 1 20:35:53 UTC 2010

Dear All,
 I'm trying to install Scientific 2.9 so that I can install the latest version of MMTK on my laptop. I have Python 2.6 and seem to be running into this error:

building 'Scientific_affinitypropagation' extension
gcc-4.2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64 -pipe -IInclude -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -c Src/Scientific_affinitypropagation.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.6-universal-2.6/Src/Scientific_affinitypropagation.o -DNUMPY=1
In file included from Src/Scientific_affinitypropagation.c:14:
Include/Scientific/arrayobject.h:2:30: error: numpy/oldnumeric.h: No such file or directory

This latter error in turn leads to a bunch of other errors and I cannot finish building Scientific. Now, I have version 1.2.1 of numpy. Is this compatible with Scientific? Do I need a newer version, or am I missing something else? Thanks!

Ram

--
Ramgopal Mettu
Assistant Professor