[MMTK] Segmentation fault when importing trajectories

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Fri May 21 12:52:23 UTC 2010

On 21 May 2010, at 12:44, Ramon Crehuet wrote:

> , it works, however
>
> from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory
>
> gives a segmentation fault. What can be wrong? netcdf? what could I
> check or tell the administators to check to trace down the problem?

This is very probably related to netCDF. The first check to do is

	python
	from Scientific.IO import NetCDF

If that works, the problem is in MMTK. If it doesn't, it's in netCDF/
ScientificPython, and often you get a better error message for such
problems than from MMTK.

The only case I remember where I got a segmentation fault when
importing netCDF was a computer with two netCDF versions, both
installed in nonstandard places. The headers were then taken from a
different version than the compiled libraries.

E-Mail: research at  khinsen dot fastmail dot net