[MMTK] installing MMTK

Konrad Hinsen research at khinsen.fastmail.net
Fri May 14 10:57:23 UTC 2010

On 14 May 2010, at 02:53, prabhakar g wrote:

>  yes sir, i have installed Scientific Python, version number is 2.7

I just checked, you ran into an unfortunate version checking problem:
ScientificPython 2.7 announces its version number as "2.7", which
should have been "2.7.0". That's why MMTK installation fails.

I'd suggest that you upgrade to ScientificPython 2.8 or 2.9, because
that will also give you lots of improvements and bug fixes, in
addition to solving the installation problem. If for some reason that
is not an option, you can remove the verson control check (the one
that causes the error message) from setup.py in MMTK.

E-Mail: research at  khinsen dot fastmail dot net