[MMTK] problems installing

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Jun 3 09:12:59 UTC 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 9:58, Bjorge Solli wrote:

>> That is a rather unusual setup; normally netcdf puts its header files
>> directly into /usr/include.
>
> On RedHat/Fedora this is the preferred way for rpm-packages to be
> installed. If your rpm does not meet these guidelines it will be
> rejected.

It would be nice if the various Linux distributors would agree on
such conventions. With quirks like this or like Suse's modification
of the installation path for Python extensions, Linux is on the way
to becoming the most difficult platform for installation management.

> Does it install files in other dirs than
> /usr/lib[64]/python2.5/site-packages/MMTK/ ?
> I want to propagate the files to other systems with same architecture
> and setup.

There is a single script installed with MMTK, which usually goes to /
usr/bin/tviewer or /usr/local/bin/tviewer. Everything else is
installed in Python's site-packages directory.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Web: http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/