[MMTK] problems installing

Bjorge Solli bjorge.solli at it.uib.no
Wed Jun 3 07:58:57 UTC 2009

Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> On 02.06.2009, at 13:33, Bjorge Solli wrote:
>
>> I know netcdf.h is in place, but mmtk obviously can't find it.
>>
>> [root at lpack64-fc10 MMTK-2.4.10]# rpm -ql netcdf-devel | grep netcdf.h
>> /usr/include/netcdf/netcdf.h
>> /usr/include/netcdf/netcdf.hh
>
> That is a rather unusual setup; normally netcdf puts its header files
> directly into /usr/include.

On RedHat/Fedora this is the preferred way for rpm-packages to be
installed. If your rpm does not meet these guidelines it will be rejected.

>> Is there any flags I can give the script to let it know where my
>> include-files are located?
>
> You can indicate additional include file directories by setting the
> environment variable CPATH:
>
>     env CPATH=/usr/include/netcdf python setup.py build
>
> That should solve your problem.

It did! Thanks!

>> System is Fedora 10, the above is from a 64-bit install, but I will also
>> need it on 32-bit. I use Python 2.5 so I chose MMTK-2.4.10 as 2.6 seems
>> to need Python 2.6.
>
> No, MMTK 2.6 works fine with Python 2.5 (that's what I still use on most
> of my machines), and should even work with Python 2.4, although I
> haven't tested it much.

Ah, my mistake. 2.6 it is then:-)

Does it install files in other dirs than
/usr/lib[64]/python2.5/site-packages/MMTK/ ?
I want to propagate the files to other systems with same architecture
and setup.

Thankyou again!

Bjørge