[MMTK] problems installing

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue Jun 2 13:58:08 UTC 2009

On 02.06.2009, at 13:33, Bjorge Solli wrote:

> I know netcdf.h is in place, but mmtk obviously can't find it.
>
> [root at lpack64-fc10 MMTK-2.4.10]# rpm -ql netcdf-devel | grep netcdf.h
> /usr/include/netcdf/netcdf.h
> /usr/include/netcdf/netcdf.hh

That is a rather unusual setup; normally netcdf puts its header files
directly into /usr/include.

> Is there any flags I can give the script to let it know where my
> include-files are located?

You can indicate additional include file directories by setting the
environment variable CPATH:

	env CPATH=/usr/include/netcdf python setup.py build

That should solve your problem.

> System is Fedora 10, the above is from a 64-bit install, but I will
> also
> need it on 32-bit. I use Python 2.5 so I chose MMTK-2.4.10 as 2.6
> seems
> to need Python 2.6.

No, MMTK 2.6 works fine with Python 2.5 (that's what I still use on
most of my machines), and should even work with Python 2.4, although
I haven't tested it much.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr