[MMTK] PhD studentship

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed May 6 09:32:49 UTC 2009

I will probably have a three-year PhD studentship, starting October
2009 at the University of Orléans. I expect to have a confirmation by
the end of the month, along with more information including salary.
The research work will be done at the Synchrotron SOLEIL, 20 km from
Paris.

The project is about the interpretation of crystallographic data on
protein and DNA crystals using molecular simulation techniques, with
the main goal of obtaining more information about the flexibility of
the molecules in the crystals than with traditional crystallographic
structure refinement approaches. The project is a good opportunity to
learn more about molecular simulation, statistical physics,
macromolecular crystallographie, and scientific computing.

Applicants must have a masters degree in physics, chemistry, or a
related field and should have some experience in working with
computers. Please send applicatons by e-mail, including a CV and a
list of referees.
E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr