[MMTK] setConfiguration -> frames are not aligned

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu Apr 16 16:37:28 UTC 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 13:38, Ralf Biehl wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Following sequence produces an error as shown in the code below
>
> __MMTK.__version__
> '2.5.24'
> org=universe.copyConfiguration()
> new=ParticleVector(universe,r_[[a.position() for a in
> universe.atomList()]])
> org+new

The second argument to ParticleVector must be an array of shape (N,
3), where N is the number of atoms in the universe. I don't
understand the syntax r_[...] you are using, is that perhaps some
IPython abbreviation? Anyway, I suppose it does not create an array
of the required shape.

Note also that the order of the atoms in the array is the one defined
by the attribute atom.index of each atom object. This is in general
NOT the same as the order of the atoms in universe.atomList(). Do you
have a specific reason for creating a ParticleVector by looping over
universe.atomList()? Perhaps your goal can be reached more easily.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Web: http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/