[MMTK] problem with DeterministicUniqueIDGenerator

Guido Wagner wagner at chemie.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Nov 27 14:14:34 UTC 2008

Hi !

I used MMTK with the DeterministicUniqueIDGenerator (Utils.py) in a
loop, which creates Universe objects from files, does some calculations
and deletes these Universe Objects when done. The problem is that the
id-dictionary in the DeterministicUniqueIDGenerator keeps references to
every object in each universe created in the loop, so that I soon run
out of memory. I have to empty the dictionary after each iteration.

Maybe the destructor of the Universe class should be extended to delete
all objects of the universe from the id-dictionary.

Guido