[MMTK] ScientificPython and Numpy

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Oct 3 13:42:11 UTC 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:24, Ramon Crehuet wrote:

> I am trying to install the latest MMTK release (2.5.24) using
> numpy. I started downloading the Scientificpython 2.7.9 and tried
> to install it with:
> python setup.py build --numpy
> I get an error complaining that numpy/arrayobject.h cannot be found
> (when compiling Src/Scientific_netcdf.c). In fact, I cannot locate
> this file in the installation tree, only Include/Scientific/
> arrayobject.h (which I guess is the one found when not using the --
> numpy flag).

numpy/arrayobject.h ist part of NumPy, not of ScientificPython. The
directory where it should be is

	os.path.join(sys.prefix, "lib/python%s.%s/site-packages/numpy/core/
include" % sys.version_info [:2])

on Unix systems and

	os.path.join(sys.prefix, "Lib/site-packages/numpy/core/include")

for Windows. Note that NumPy itself will work fine without this file,
but it is requires for compiling any NumPy-dependent extension modules.

Include/Scientific/arrayobject.h is just a very short file that
includes arrayobject.h either from NumPy or from Numeric, according
to the configuration.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Web: http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/