[MMTK] energy minimizing a small molecule

Guido Wagner wagner at chemie.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Sep 27 10:36:05 UTC 2008

Hi Robert,

the examples are in the Examples/Miscellaneous directory:

molecule_factory.py and read_xml.py

The XML-molecule factory class is in MMTK/XML.py

I have MMTK 2.5.18

There is no support for the attribute "amber_atomtype" yet, so you will
have to add this yourself. This is only a few lines of extra code: Just
stick to the lines that handel "elementType".

On the homepage of the cElementTree Module
(http://effbot.org/zone/celementtree.htm) they have good tutorials on
how to use it to read an manipulate XML files.

Regards,

Guido