[MMTK] Problem with MacOS 10.5 Leopard Build from Source

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Aug 18 05:36:04 UTC 2008

On 15.08.2008, at 14:10, Dr. Seth Olsen wrote:

> I'm trying to build Scientific as a prelude to MMTK on a MacBookPro
> running Leopard (10.5).  I got netcdf installed, but trying to
> install Scientific fails (looks like during the netcdf part of it)
> with the line:
>
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/folders/bn/bnXGQZUvF+Wo2wcnqKEau++
> ++TI/-Tmp-//ccwqPVqA.out (No such file or directory)
>
> Has anyone seen this before or is anyone aware of a workaround?

I have no experience with 10.5 at all, but it seems others have had
similar problems with other Python extensions using external
libraries, e.g.:

	http://bytes.com/forum/thread710839.html

Unfortunately there is no solution in that thread.

One possible cause could be that by default, a netCDF installation
does not include a shared library version, which is required for use
with Python extension modules. Make sure you build netCDF with the
option --enable-shared to configure.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr