[MMTK] dcd_to_nc : IOError: Database entry Atoms/ not found

Harindar Keer hkeer at uci.edu
Wed Aug 6 06:33:03 UTC 2008

Hi Konrad,

I was able to use already available dcd_to_nc converter after processing
the dcd files with catdcd3.0, earlier version of catdcd. As you
suggested the cause may be the formatting of new vs old dcd files. But I
am not getting time information , in the GUI upon loading the trajectory
as well as when computed the MSD, all the entries in the first column of
MSD.plot file are 0.0. Do I need to supply this information by some
means also I am recorded frames in the trajectory at every 5 ps.

Thanks so much for sending the new dcd to nc converter. I tried it but
running into following errors on using the new converter.
./dcd_to_nc2.0 tmp.pdb test.dcd test2.0.nc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./dcd_to_nc2.0", line 303, in <module>
    if len(universe.cellParameters()) == 9:
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

I appreciate all your help. Thanks!

Best regards,
Harindar