[MMTK] dcd_to_nc : IOError: Database entry Atoms/ not found

Harindar Keer hkeer at uci.edu
Sun Aug 3 03:34:45 UTC 2008

Hi Jaroslaw,

 Many thanks for providing the detailed explanation, it got me into
thinking in terms of tracking the source of the problems. The format of
pdb file was incorrect and also there are more than 100, 000 atoms
numbered as ***** after 99999, that was also creating the trouble. After
changing every such "*****" entry to 99999 it works and no further
errors are reported  but I am skeptical if there would be problem in
further analysis of the system.

 Now in some cases, I have been running into DCD read error. For the
same system it works for some dcd files but not on others, I am still
not able to narrow down to specific cause of the problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dcd_to_nc", line 121, in <module>
    dcd_reader()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MMTK/DCD.py", line 64, in __call__
    self.getActions(), self.getOption('dcd_file'))
IOError: DCD read error

Many thanks,
Harindar