[MMTK] netCDF module is missing.

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Apr 11 06:24:45 UTC 2008

On 10.04.2008, at 17:33, Ulderico wrote:

> But the error with xNmoldin is still there.
> We have check the installation of the various libnetcdf*  in  /usr/
> lib (also usr/local/lib) and they seem ok.
> Is there a way to verify that MMTK and netCDF do actually interact?

Yes, but it's a two-step procedure:

1) Check that ScientificPython knows about netCDF by running the
following Python script:

	from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDF

Yes, just that one line. If nothing happens, ScientificPython is
fine. If it prints any error message (about not being able to import
something, or about missing symbols in the shared library), then
something went wrong during installation and the only solution is to
redo the installation of ScientificPython from scratch.

2) Check that MMTK interacts correctly with netCDF by running the
following script:

	from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory

If nothing happens, everything is fine.  If it says "Trajectories are
not available because the netCDF module is missing.", and assuming
that the first test showed no problems, MMTK was compiled before a
complete installation of ScientificPython was done. The solution is
to reinstall MMTK from scratch.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr