[MMTK] netCDF module is missing.

Ulderico uwanderlingh at unime.it
Thu Apr 10 15:33:02 UTC 2008

Hi, thanks to Konrad we solved the crash related to Numerical Phyton
version.

But the error with xNmoldin is still there.
We have check the installation of the various libnetcdf*  in  /usr/lib
(also usr/local/lib) and they seem ok.
Is there a way to verify that MMTK and netCDF do actually interact?

root at papa001169 nMOLDYN-2.2.5]# xMoldyn
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/xMoldyn", line 10, in <module>
    from nMoldyn.misc import getData, getTypes, getAtoms, saveText,
getResidues,\
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/nMoldyn/misc.py", line 2, in
<module>
    from calc import qVectorGenerator, qTrajectory, Quidam
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/nMoldyn/calc.py", line 4, in
<module>
    from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line
17, in <module>
    "because the netCDF module is missing.")
MMTK.Utility.MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the
netCDF module is missing.

     Prof. Ulderico Wanderlingh
Dipt. di Fisica, Università di Messina
Salita Papardo, vill. S.Agata 98166 Messina
tel: +39 0906765023 - fax: +39 090395004
homepage http://ww2.unime.it/wanderlink