[MMTK] netCDF module is missing.

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue Apr 8 15:21:07 UTC 2008

On 08.04.2008, at 09:07, Ulderico wrote:

> we have tried to install Nmoldin, which rely on MMTK, on a AMD64
> with Fedora7.
> When xNmoldyn  is launched we get that horrible  output shown at
> the bottom.
> The netcdf lib are were installe in /usr/lib as requested, and all
> the necessary packages were installed by source. Does anyone have
> suggestion??

1) Check that your netCDF installation includes a shared library
version. On some machines and with some netCDF versions, shared
libraries must be requested explicitly during netCDF installation using

	./configure --enable-shared

2) Make sure that ScientificPython is installed after netCDF and
finds the correct netCDF installation (there might be several on your
system). The ScientificPython installation script prints the path to
the library it uses, so it is easy to verify.

> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption
> (out): 0x00002aaaaaaf64e0 ***
> /lib64/libc.so.6[0x3633670412]
> /lib64/libc.so.6(cfree+0x8c)[0x3633673b1c]
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric/RNG/RNG.so[0x2aaab176303e]

This crash is in fact not related to netCDF, but to Numerical Python.
With Python 2.5, you should use Numeric 23.8.2, available from the
ScientificPython Web site. With older Numeric releases, you can get
error messages or crashes at the termination of a Python script -
this is not really serious as nothing is lost, but it does look ugly.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr