[MMTK] netCDF problem during installation

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Jan 28 13:19:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 10:45, Ramon Crehuet wrote:

> I see. Indeed arrayobject.h is not in /usr/include but in /usr/
> local/include/python2.5/Numeric/ so I guess I have to edit setup.py
> Could you please give me a hint on which lines to change? Otherwise
> I could symbolic link /usr/include to /usr/local/include. Which one
> would you recommend?
> Thanks,
> Ramon
>
> PD. I'm using OpenSuse 10.3. Just to warn other users of this
> (popular)  distribution.

The Python distutils installation in OpenSuse is broken, and that's
what causes your error messages. They have modified distutils such
that modules are installed in /usr/local instead of /usr/bin (where
python is located), but they did not modify the include path for
header files. I have filed a bug report about this long ago.

As a workaround, do

	export CPATH=/usr/local/include/python2.5

and then run the compilation/installation of ScientificPython and MMTK.

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr