[MMTK] netCDF problem during installation

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Sat Jan 26 19:44:40 UTC 2008

On 25.01.2008, at 19:43, Ramon Crehuet wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm having a problem during the installation of Scientific. When
> buiding I get:

> Using netCDF installation in  /usr

So netCDF is fine...

> Src/Scientific_netcdf.c:19:33: error: Numeric/arrayobject.h: No
> such file or directory

... and your problem is here. During installation of Numeric, the
file arrayobject.h should have been placed in /usr/include/python2.5/
Numeric. Apparently it is not there, which means something went wrong
with your installation of Numeric.

> A final information. I have used:
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Sep 22 2007, 01:43:31)
> [GCC 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
> Numeric-23.8.2
> ScientificPython-2.7.8
> netcdf 4.0.0

I have never used ScientificPython with netCDF 4. Please let me know
how it works out!

E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr