[MMTK] suming forcefields

Paul de Mascureau pauldem at caltech.edu
Tue Dec 4 16:39:32 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to calculate trajectories for atoms in a compound force field: a
Lennard Jones force field for the interaction between atoms + a harmonic
force field for each atom (the same as in the example, where the atom is
tied to an equilibrium position). The addition of the force fields is not a
problem, but I get an error message when I try to run the integrator:

"TypeError: ready() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)".

It has something to do with global_data, which is an instance of the
ForceFieldData class, but I don't know exactly what. I was wondering if it
was because of an "incompatibility" between both force fields, but it is
apparently not the case, since I get the same error message if I add two
different Lennard Jones force fields and run the integrator.

I am now wondering if it is a bug in MMTK, or if I am missing something.
Your advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul