[MMTK] Segmentation Fault, viewTrajectory

Andreas Kring akring1729 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:05:58 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have just been running a MD simulation of 864 water molecules creating
a trajectory with no problems. When I try to visualize the trajectory
(with the script shown below), I get following error:

#### script 'water_film.py' begin ####

from MMTK import *
from MMTK.Visualization import viewTrajectory
from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory

tr=Trajectory(None,'data/water_NVE_32_1.0fs.nc')
viewTrajectory(tr,200,None,1)

#### script 'water_film.py' end ####

$ python -i water_film.py
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I run the script on a 64-bit Linux computer (Ubuntu 7.04) with an AMD
CPU. If I run the same script on a 32-bit computer there is no problem?

I found examples of similar problems in the mailing archives:
http://starship.python.net/pipermail/mmtk/2006/001158.html
http://starship.python.net/pipermail/mmtk/2005/000787.html

Will this 64-bit problem be fixed in future versions of MMTK?

Kind regards
Andreas