[MMTK] Problem with rotateAroundCenter()

Andreas Kring akring1729 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:29:03 UTC 2007

> I suspect the problem is Numeric 24.4. Please try either Numeric 23.8
> (available with some bug fixes from my Web site at
> http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/plone/software/scientificpython/Numeric-23.8.2.tar.gz/view),
> or NumPy 1.0.x with ScientificPython 2.7 and MMTK 2.5.

Ok, I try using Numeric 23.8 instead. I usually install/remove packages
by using the package-manager available (synaptic, apt-get, yum etc...).
When I try to remove the package 'python-numeric' (i.e. version 24.2), I
get a lot of warnings that a lot of other packages (which I would like
to keep) will be removed...

How do I install Numeric 23.8 without doing this? Can I just type the
following as usual from the Numeric library?

$ python setup.py build
$ python setup.py install

Thanks for all the help!

Kind regards