[MMTK] Auto-discard notification

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Feb 5 09:30:33 UTC 2007

On 04.02.2007, at 21:05, mmtk-bounces at python.net wrote:

> The attached message has been automatically discarded.

Please sign up for this list before posting, otherwise your messages
will be discarded by the list manager -  it is just by chance that I
received this one, as most discard messages are eaten by my spam filter.

> cript "analysis_calpha.py" which, when it got to the following line:
>
> axis, angle = rotation.axisAndAngle()
>
> produced the following error message:
>
> ldc must be >= MAX(N,1): ldc=1 N=3Parameter 14 to routine
> cblas_dgemm was incorrect
> Mac OS BLAS parameter error in cblas_dgemm, parameter #0,
> (unavailable), is 0
>
> This crash appears to be very similar to the "crash with
> centerAndMomentOfInertia() function" reported earlier.
>
> I am running mmtk 2.4.2, numeric 24.2 (I also tried numeric 23.8
> with identical results), ScientificPython 2.4.9 (and also 2.6 with
> identical results) on Mac OS X 10.4 system.

Which versions of Python and gcc are you using?

I tried to reproduce this on my Mac (Mac OS X 10.4.8). I used
MacPython 2.4 (as MMTK 2.4.2 is not fully compatible with Python 2.5)
and gcc 4.0.1. I chose Numeric 23.8 and ScientificPython 2.6, but I
could not use MMTK 2.4.2 because of a compilation problem with GCC 4
(which was fixed in 2.4.4), so I chose MMTK 2.4.6, the latest release
in the "stable" branch. With that combination, the analysis_calpha.py
script works fine.

Konrad (the other one ;-)
E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr