[MMTK] Vector Madness

Dr. Seth Olsen seth.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:39:54 CEST 2006

HI MMTKers,

I'm running into an error I haven't seen before with functions like
Collection.normalizePosition() and Collection.translateTo(Vector(0.,0.,0.).
The error states:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 37, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Collections.py", line 246, in
normalizePosition
    self.translateTo(Vector(0., 0., 0.))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Collections.py", line 243, in
translateTo
    self.translateBy(position-self.centerOfMass())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Collections.py", line 86, in
centerOfMass
    mr = mr + a._mass * a.position(conf)
  File "Scientific_vector.pyx", line 74, in Scientific_vector.vector.__add__
TypeError: Argument 'other' has incorrect type (expected
Scientific_vector.vector, got array)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Seth
--
ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomolecular Modeling Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Bldg. 75)
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 3346 3976
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the positions of
the University of Queensland.