[MMTK] problem with Numeric.Float and ParticleVector objects

Dr. Seth Olsen seth.olsen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 15:35:09 CEST 2006

Hi MMTKers,

I have run into a problem with the getBasis() member function of the
MMTK.Subspace
class.  In particular, I get the following error when I invoke getBasis():

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 66, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site -packages/MMTK/Subspace.py", line 79, in
getBasis
    basis = Numeric.array(self.vectors, Numeric.Float)
AttributeError: ParticleVector instance has no attribute '__float__'

This is interesting because I have only noticed this problem with MMTK
2.5.13.  Previously (MMTK 2.5.10) I had no trouble with using this member
function.  It seems quite a pity because I have gotten a lot of use out of
MMTK's ability to effectively generate and manage geometric subspaces.  Has
anyone seen this problem before and is there a fix?

I'm using Numeric 24.2 and Python 2.4.3

Cheers,

Seth

--
ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms

Dr Seth Olsen, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biomolecular Modeling Group
Centre for Computational Molecular Science
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Bldg. 75)
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia

tel (617) 3346 3976
fax (617) 33654623
email: s.olsen1 at uq.edu.au
Web: www.ccms.uq.edu.au

ccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccmsccms
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the positions of
the University of Queensland.