[MMTK] Segmentation Fault with certain visualization code

William K. Browne wkbrowne at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 26 21:21:11 CEST 2006

In the visualization module in MMTK 2.5.13 running on the os fedora core 5
the function viewSequence gives  a segmentation fault.  What's strange is
that vmd works fine with the code view(universe, configuration).  I have
traced the error as occurring in the MMTK_DCD module in the function
writeDCDstep.  So with an otherwise valid configuration file, the code:

>>from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory

>>t = Trajectory(None, "equilibration.nc", "r")

>>t.view()

Segmentation Fault.

While the code

>>from MMTK.Trajectory import Trajectory

>>from MMTK.Visualization import view

>> t = Trajectory(None, "equilibration.nc", "r")

>>step10 = t[10]

>>view(t.universe,step10['configuration'])

Executes perfectly.  Any ideas? - thanks in advance.