[MMTK] nMoldyn and getuid

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at cea.fr
Mon May 22 11:14:09 CEST 2006

On May 20, 2006, at 15:02, Peter wrote:

> Basically, os.getuid() is a Unix/Linux only function to return current
> process' user id.  It is not available on Windows:
>
> http://docs.python.org/lib/os-procinfo.html
>
> There is probably something in the win32api module that could be used
> instead, maybe win32api.GetCurrentProcess() - or maybe for Windows the
> PID isn't actually needed, I haven't looked at the code.

This is already fixed in the current nMOLDYN, but the import of getuid
() is still done because I didn't know that it wasn't available under
Windows. Remember that I cannot test anything under Windows myself...

The imports have been fixed (in the SVN version) and will thus be
fixed in the next release as well.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: konrad.hinsen at cea.fr