[MMTK] running MMTK test script on windows XP

javier sacristan jsacristan at engr.psu.edu
Thu Mar 16 00:05:26 CET 2006

Recently Konrad kindly suggest me that one of the problems that I am having
running MMTK on my windows machine is that "Apparently you are running the
script with a current directory that is not the one in which the script
resides."

I have pasted the error and  Konrad's answer as well.

So if any Windows expert has any idea that would be welcomed.

thanks

> i guys, very recently I have installed on my computer WindowsXP, MMTK

> and nMoldyn. I have run all recommended test and everything seems

> working fine. But When I run the test found on the MMTK website,

> Simulation of liquid argon at constant temperature and pressure I got

> these errors:

>  "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework

> \scriptutils.py", line 310, in RunScript

>     exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__

>   File "C:\moldyn\nMOLDYN-2.2.2\Script1.py", line 14, in ?

>     conf_file = TextFile('argon.conf.gz')

>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific\IO\TextFile.py",

> line 53, in __init__

>     raise IOError, (2, 'No such file or directory: '

> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: argon.conf.gz

Apparently you are running the script with a current directory that is not
the one in which the script resides. I do not know how to do this correctly
under Windows because I don't use Windows, but perhaps someone else can help
out.