[MMTK] Pyrex and Python evaluator problems

khinsen@cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Wed Jan 25 09:35:13 CET 2006

On 25.01.2006, at 01:38, Iordan Hristov wrote:

> thank you for the quick response! I compared the C files and there
> is only one very strange difference:
>
> in my file it is:
>
>   (struct
> __pyx_vtabstruct_24MMTK_harmonic_oscillator_HarmonicOscillatorTerm
> *)p->__pyx_vtab =
> __pyx_vtabptr_24MMTK_harmonic_oscillator_HarmonicOscillatorTerm;
>
> while in yours the typecast is on the other side:
>
>   p->__pyx_vtab = (struct
> __pyx_vtabstruct_24MMTK_harmonic_oscillator_HarmonicOscillatorTerm
> *)__pyx_vtabptr_24MMTK_harmonic_oscillator_HarmonicOscillatorTerm;

Typecasts on lvalues is what GCC 4 doesn't accept, so I am surprised
that you  get your version compiled.

If I remember correctly, most typecast problems were removed in
0.9.3.1, but one or two patches were not integrated. The version I
use is the one from Debian, which perhaps is more up to date than
0.9.3.1.

If you use my file, do you get the code to work? If that's the case,
I will simply send you the Pyrex I used (it's just a bunch of Python
files).

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin (CEA-CNRS), CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr