[MMTK] Pyrex and Python evaluator problems

khinsen@cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Tue Jan 24 17:47:12 CET 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 22:34, Iordan Hristov <hristov at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> However when I try to follow the suggested solution and use the
> Pyrex evaluator instead it turns out that I can't insert even a
> simple function call in the evaluate method. For example the
> stripped down version of MMTK_harmonic_oscillator.pyx below allows
> me to call test1 from __init__ but when I try to call it from
> inside the evaluator (last line) it crashes with a segmentation fault.

It works fine on my machine, which is very similar to yours (iMac G4,
Tiger, Python 2.4, Numeric 23.8).

I will send you (off-list) my C translation of your Pyrex code.
Please check if it is identical to yours. If it isn't, we may be
using different versions of Pyrex - mine is 0.9.3.1.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr