[Fwd: Re: [MMTK] Minimization module]

vanitha at cs.wisc.edu vanitha at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 16 21:18:36 CET 2005

(Please see emails below to understand this question in context)
I downloaded MMTK-2.5.11 and I did not install it, but I ran python
setup.py build within the Langevian Dynamics folder. I get the following
error:

running build
running build_ext
building 'MMTK_langevin' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I./ -I/u/v/a/vanitha/include/python2.4 -c
./MMTK_langevin.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/./MMTK_langevin.o
./MMTK_langevin.c:11:18: ranf.h: No such file or directory
./MMTK_langevin.c: In function `gaussian_bivariate':
./MMTK_langevin.c:144: warning: implicit declaration of function `Ranf'
./MMTK_langevin.c: At top level:
./MMTK_langevin.c:428: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
./MMTK_langevin.c: In function `initMMTK_langevin':
./MMTK_langevin.c:430: warning: unused variable `universe'
./MMTK_langevin.c:430: warning: unused variable `trajectory'
./MMTK_langevin.c:430: warning: unused variable `forcefield'
./MMTK_langevin.c: At top level:
/u/v/a/vanitha/include/python2.4/Scientific/netcdfmodule.h:242: warning:
'PyNetCDF_API' defined but not used

What am I missing? Also, I would like to install MMTK-2.5.11. Can I just
do the build and install and overwrite my existing MMTK installation?
Do you have some examples of how to use Pyrex within MMTK?

Thanks much,

- Vanitha